If you’re looking for a Mepiform review, you’re in the right place!
Soft silicone sheets like Mepiform can help minimize scarring after surgery.
That’s because silicone is clinically proven to reduce scars from surgery (including C-sections and tummy tucks), accidents, cuts & scrapes, burns, and even acne. (1)
Silicone is recommended by the International Advisory Panel for Scar Management for both hypertrophic scars and keloids. (1)
Unlike traditional silicone sheets, Mepiform is a soft silicone bandage that provides greater flexibility and comfort. Each sheet can be cut to size and worn for about 3-7 days.
Keep reading for my full review of Mepiform!
Our Score: 5/5
An affordable silicone bandage for post-surgery scar management.
- Reduces scar appearance
- Prevents new scars from surgery
- Flexible & self-adhesive
- Comfortable to wear
- Excellent reviews
- Results require patience
- Not suitable for scars on your face, hands, or other visible parts of your body
To Keep A Long Story Short...
Mepiform is a brand of soft silicone sheets distributed by Mölnlycke, a global pharmaceutical company based in Sweden.
Silicone is clinically proven to minimize the appearance of scars from surgery, trauma, burns, injuries, and acne.
Unlike traditional silicone sheets, Mepiform is a thin and flexible silicone bandage. It’s more comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Mepiform is also quite affordable.
What is Mepiform?
Mepiform is a brand of soft silicone sheets created by Mölnlycke, a global pharmaceutical company based in Sweden.
Due to its silicone content, Mepiform is an excellent product for scar prevention and treatment.
- Silicone bandage
- Thin, flexible, and discreet
- Soft, breathable fabric
- Moisture proof
- Easy to reposition
- Helps prevents scars after surgery
- Encourages normal wound healing
- Comfortable to wear
- Can cut into different sizes
- Hypertrophic scars
- Surgical scars (including C-section)
- Scars from trauma, burns, or injuries
- Scars on the face, hands, and other visible areas
How Does Mepiform Work?
Silicone is the #1 dermatologist and plastic surgeon recommended over-the-counter scar reduction ingredient, according to an independent market research firm. (2)
The International Advisory Panel on Scar Management has confirmed the clinical effectiveness of silicone for hypertrophic scars and keloids. (1)
Researchers believe that silicone works by hydrating and protecting the scar. This prevents skin dehydration which can contribute to abnormal scar formation. (3)
Among the positive reviews of Mepiform, customers reported signs of improvement in scars following surgery, trauma, and burns.
However, many customers noticed problems with air bubbles in the product from third-party sellers on Amazon. For alternatives to Mepiform, please see the next section.
"SO WORTH IT!"
"Terrible - Lots of air bubbles/wrinkles"
Mepiform is a good option for preventing new scars from surgery. It’s easy to use and won’t fall off as easily as silicone sheets.
For scars on your face, hands, and other visible parts of your body, I recommend a silicone gel. My top pick for a silicone gel is NewGel+ (I use it myself).
I hope this review of Mepiform helps you on your scar reduction journey!
- Gold MH, et al. International Advisory Panel on Scar Management. “Updated international clinical recommendations on scar management: part 2–algorithms for scar prevention and treatment.” Dermatological Surgery vol. 40,8 (2014): 825-31. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25068544
- “About ScarAway”. Retrieved from https://www.myscaraway.com/about/
- Bleasdale, Benjamin et al. “The Use of Silicone Adhesives for Scar Reduction.” Advances in Wound Care vol. 4,7 (2015): 422-430. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4486716/
- Gauglitz, Gerd G et al. “Hypertrophic scarring and keloids: pathomechanisms and current and emerging treatment strategies.” Molecular Medicine (Cambridge, Mass.) vol. 17,1-2 (2010): 113-25. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3022978/