If you’re looking for the best silicone scar sheets, you’re in the right place!
Silicone sheets have been used for decades to treat and prevent hypertrophic scars and keloids from surgical procedures, injuries & wounds, cuts & bruises, burns, and severe acne.
That’s because silicone has been clinically proven to improve your scar appearance and also alleviate common symptoms like redness, itching, and discomfort. 🤗
The International Advisory Panel on Scar Management, a group of medical professionals including dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and researchers, have established that silicone products should be the first-line of therapy for hypertrophic scars and keloids (source: Updated International Clinical Recommendations on Scar Management: Part 2, 2014).
That’s because silicone sheets are both effective and reasonably affordable.
Personally, I’ve used silicone sheets like ScarAway with great results in combination with in-office treatments like corticosteroid injections (kenalog injections). I share my before/after photos below.
Ready to find the best silicone scar sheet for you? Let’s jump into my top recommendations. ⭐
ⓘ In this post, I’ll help you find the right silicone sheet for your needs and budget!
What Are The Best Silicone Scar Sheets?
Here are my top picks for the best silicone scar sheets:
- Best Overall Silicone Scar Sheet: ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets
- Best Runner-Up Silicone Scar Sheet: Aroamas Advanced Silicone Scar Sheets
- Best Silicone Scar Tape (For Scars Requiring Flexibility): CicaTape Silicone Tape
- Best for C-Section: ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets for C-Section
- Best for Tummy Tucks: Embrace Active Scar Defense for Tummy Tuck Scars
- Best for Long Scars (Incisions, Cuts, Hypertrophic): ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long
- Best for Large Scars (Surgery, Injury, Car Accident): Mepiform with SafeTac Technology
- Best for Breast Reduction (Anchor Pattern): Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Scar Sheets
- Best for Breast Reduction (Lollipop Pattern): Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Scar Sheets
- Best for Travel Usage & Sensitive Areas: Pro-Sil Silicone Scar Treatment Stick
1. Best Overall Silicone Scar Sheet: ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets (12 Count, 1.5″ x 3.0″)
My top recommendation is ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets. It’s a brand that I’ve used many times in the past for my own scars, in particular, on my chest keloids and facial hypertrophic scars.
ScarAway was first recommended to me by a specialist doctor after I had corticosteroid injections done to flatten my raised scars. He said ScarAway could help soften my scars, reduce redness, and might even prevent them from coming back (a growing problem with keloids, pardon the pun).
By the way, if you’re struggling with keloids or hypertrophic scars, especially ones that continue to get bigger over time, I highly recommend talking to your doctor about corticosteroid injections.
It was honestly the most effective therapy that I’ve tried for my chest keloids and hypertrophic scars, and it’s reasonably affordable (and I’ve tried everything from Mederma, Bio-Oil, Palmer’s, Vaseline, creams, pressure therapy, Chinese traditional medicine, etc., you get the picture 🤔).
Anyways, I used ScarAway in between each corticosteroid injection session and for many months after my last treatment (which was two years ago). Today, I just use a silicone gel to maintain my results and flatten any new scars that happen to pop up (unfortunately, like many people, I am prone to developing keloids 😐; it’s likely due to a genetic sequence that promotes collagen overproduction which makes it more likely for hypertrophic scars and keloids to develop).
I think pictures really tell a thousand words. So here’s my facial hypertrophic scars in May 2015:
And now, here’s my scars after many years of scar treatment, including corticosteroid injections (around 6-8 shots with 1-3 months in between), dozens of scar products including Mederma, Bio-Oil, ScarAway, NewGel+, Kelo-Cote, (you name it and I’ve tried it), plus changes to my lifestyle:
As you can see, my facial hypertrophic scars (some were also keloids) have diminished significantly in the last 5 years, thanks to both corticosteroid injections and silicone scar sheets/gels. 🤗
Here’s some photos that show the progression of my chest keloids as well, from 2015 to 2020:
From 2016-2018, I received corticosteroid injections from my dermatologist for my chest keloids (which was very painful). This produced a dramatic improvement in these scars, flattening them out and reducing the redness to the point where some of them are barely noticeable now.
I used ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets during and after my treatment to maintain these results and help prevent the recurrence of any hypertrophic scars or keloids. 👍
These days, I’ve been testing different brands of silicone gels (ScarAway, NewGel+, Kelo-Cote, etc.) but might go back to the sheets if I decide to get another round of corticosteroid injections.
Now, you might be asking yourself at this point, “Is ScarAway suitable for my scar?”
As long as your scar is “closed”, meaning your skin is not severely damaged or oozing out fluids, you should be able to use ScarAway to minimize post-surgery or post-injury scar formation and help flatten existing scars. Of course, talk to your doctor if you have any concerns. 👨⚕️
Finally, here are the product specifications for ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets:
- Sheet Size: 1.5″ by 3.0″ which is large enough to cover small-to-medium scars, including cuts, scrapes, bruises, wounds, burns, skin biopsies, surgical incisions, and Mohs surgery
- Treatment Period: each box includes 12 sheets and a plastic container for drying the sheet after you’ve washed it thoroughly. Each sheet should last around 7-10 days or until you feel the sheet is no longer sticking to your skin properly (regular washing helps it last longer)
- Price: at under $20, these are the most affordable silicone scar sheets on the market! But you should be cautious of where you buy ScarAway because I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews on Amazon that complain about low-quality, potentially “knock-off” versions that look identical but don’t deliver the same high performance. You can also buy online at RiteAid or visit your neighborhood pharmacy (also check out the ScarAway website for occasional coupons).
My Verdict: ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets is my #1 pick for an effective and affordable solution for your hypertrophic scars and keloids, especially when combined with a professional treatment like corticosteroid injections (which I highly recommend!). ScarAway is suitable for all types of scars, including small-to-medium scars from surgery, injury, trauma, burns, keloids, and acne. 🤗
2. Best Runner-Up Silicone Scar Sheet: Aroamas Advanced Silicone Scar Sheets (8 Count, 1.6″ x 3.0″)
Summary: Aroamas is a brand of Amazon-only silicone products with over 3,000+ reviews (however, I find the star rating distribution to be very questionable). 🤔
Best For: Small-to-Medium Scars, including Hypertrophic Scars, Keloids, Acne Scars, and those from Surgery, Injury, or Burns
Key Ingredients: 100% Silicone
Get It @ Amazon
If you search for “silicone sheets” on Amazon.com, you’ll no doubt come across this popular brand of silicone products: Aroamas.
With over 3,000+ reviews and a whopping 4.7 out of 5.0, it must be pretty good, right? 😮
Well, I haven’t personally used Aroamas products before, but I did notice a couple of red flags while browsing their Amazon product page and doing research on this company.
Based on their website, Aroamas is what you would call an Amazon dropshipper. In other words, a company that sells a wide variety of products on Amazon (usually exclusively) and then contracts with a third-party manufacturer to create the products themselves.
For example, Aroamas also sells things like wart removers, nail fungus pens, and nicotine patches. Here’s a screenshot of their website:
In my opinion, the main problem with most dropshipping brands is the low product quality.
Think about it: since this company is a “middle man” between the manufacturer and the consumer (although they do run their own marketing and advertising), they have almost no control over the actual manufacturing quality and are incentivized to use the lowest cost manufacturer to maintain a profit margin (and cover expenses like listing on Amazon, advertising, shipping, etc.).
Now, I don’t want to paint all dropshippers with a broad brush, but generally speaking, there are tons of these types of brands on Amazon and some of them engage in less-than-ethical behavior when it comes to manipulating user ratings, creating fraudulent reviews, or encouraging positive reviews (such as in exchange for a free product or full refund).
In this case, I find the rating distribution of Aroamas very questionable (and that’s putting it lightly!):
- 85% of ratings were 5-stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 9% of ratings were 4-stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 6% of ratings were 1-, 2-, or 3-stars ⭐, ⭐⭐, ⭐⭐⭐
But consider the fact that ScarAway and Mederma (two of the most popular scar products) managed to get only 50-65% ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ with a much higher percentage of negative reviews (~20-30% in the 1-, 2-, or 3-star buckets) compared to Aroamas (only 6% in the same buckets):
In other words, if we take the rating distribution at face value, it means Aroamas is a vastly superior product to ScarAway and Mederma with 85% ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ compared to 53% and 65%, respectively.
To understand how ridiculous this is, I found a product with a similar star rating distribution: Duracell’s high-quality AAA batteries with 88% ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Something just isn’t right here.
Let me be clear. I’ve got nothing against Aroamas but I find the rating distribution very questionable and I’m almost certain there’s been some degree of rating manipulation involved here. ⚠️
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for Aroamas:
- “I’m not sure how I’ve gone through my entire life without knowing that these were a thing. I have a keloid scar on my shoulder that randomly appeared for seemingly no reason when I was a kid. I had an injection when it first appeared to help with it but nothing ever changed. All these years later I decided to inquire about removal and was quoted $1,400 for several laser treatments. No thank you. So I did some research of my own and found out about these silicone strips. I’m so happy that I did. I’ve had this scar for almost 20 years so I assumed it would take months to see any progress at all – it’s been a week and there’s already a noticeable difference. I still think it’ll take several months to see the best results, but there is no question that it has already helped quite a lot. I haven’t noticed much change in the redness of the scar, but it is absolutely flatter than a week ago.”
- “I was really excited to try these as I heard that silicone sheets are best to use on scars after breast augmentation. I was incredibly disappointed to find out how flimsy these are, you basically can’t wear them on any body part that’s going to get a lot of movement, mine kept balling up and getting stuck to each side or would just fall off after a few hours, such a waste. No matter how dry my skin was I feel like they didn’t stick well enough and would get linty very easily. Also I feel like the sheets left a reddish mark on my skin causing the area around my scar to look even worse. I can’t seem to find anything that works. Maybe their silicone gel works better then these? Again, don’t bother with these, they’re a waste of money and effort.”
My Verdict: Aroamas Advanced Silicone Scar Sheets are a bestseller on Amazon with 3,000+ ratings and a whopping 85% ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (personally, I find the rating distribution very questionable). Moreover, at the current price (~$28 for 8 sheets), ScarAway is actually cheaper (~$16 for 12 sheets).
3. Best Silicone Scar Tape (For Scars Requiring Flexibility): CicaTape Silicone Tape (1.57″ x 59.0″)
Summary: CicaTape is my #1 pick for scars that require flexibility. ⚡
Best For: Scars Requiring Flexibility, including on the Hands, Fingers, Elbows, Knees, Neck, and Feet
Key Ingredients: 100% Silicone
Get It @ Amazon
If you need a silicone tape for your scars, I highly recommend CicaTape by CicaSolution.
This generous-sized silicone tape measures 1.57″ by 59.0″ and consists of 30 individual 2.0″ pieces that can be easily torn off without scissors. You can use multiple pieces to cover up larger scars.
This product is also used in hospitals to attach IV lines to a patient’s skin which means it needs to have very strong adhesion properties (i.e. stickiness).
Many reviewers found that CicaTape was the perfect solution for scars that require more flexibility, like on the hands, fingers, elbows, knees, neck, and feet. That’s because CicaTape is very adhesive and doesn’t fall off or roll up as easily as some other brands. 💪
Similar to ScarAway and Aroamas, each sheet can be washed, air dryed, and reused for a few days or until the sheet can no longer stick to your skin properly.
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for CicaTape:
- “I was drawn to this product because others said it stayed on better. They were right! This stuff is amazing! Stays on through everything. Workouts, even showers. No idea if they will improve my scars but I’m wearing it 24/7 simply because they keep my scars from itching. And because they really stay on. They come off easy, no pain. Only gripe is I don’t like the perforations but I’ll deal because everything else is fabulous.”
- “I really wanted to love this stuff. I was in search of EXCELLENT silicone tape and thought this would be it based on the high number of stellar reviews. The first piece I tore off seemed great, but then I noticed how easily the silicone comes off the edges and the corners. About midway through the roll the pieces were perforated randomly. It wasn’t one continuous roll, so I couldn’t get the right length pieces I wanted. The silicone rubs off the edges if you try to cut it yourself. This tape sticks to itself more than the last brand I used. The corners keep folding in and getting stuck that way. The reusability of this product is not great. The silicone deteriorates off the edges and attracts dirt and fibers. It is harder to clean. This tape is very flexible, but wrinkles easily and will stay stuck to your skin in a wrinkled formation. The adhesion is good when applied to CLEAN dry skin. I have very extensive scarring that is hard to cover. I ALMOST loved this tape, but the quality fell short.”
My Verdict: CicaTape is an excellent silicone tape for any scars that require more flexibility. It has good reviews and is an affordable price for a generous length (1.57″ by 59.0″). 😍
4. Best for C-Section: ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets for C-Section (4 Count, 1.5″ x 7.0″)
For new Moms with C-section scars, ScarAway has designed a special silicone sheet just for you. ❤️
These silicone strips are longer than normal ScarAway sheets at 1.5″ by 7.0″ to cover incision marks left behind by Cesarean delivery. One strip should be able to completely cover a C-section scar.
In addition, these silicone strips are comfortable to wear with ultra-thin & breathable fabric and can be gently removed without pulling or tugging on your sensitive skin.
With continuous 24 hour use (alternate between 2 strips for the day and night), this product can help minimize abnormal scar formation like hypertrophic scars & keloids and fade incision marks left behind by the C-section operation. It also reduces redness, itching, and discomfort. 👍
The main problem with longer silicone sheets that is they tend to “bunch up”, which reduces the adhesion and effectiveness of the product. To make the most of every silicone sheet, I recommend washing it after each use and using your thumbs to massage and stretch out the product.
I find that doing so helps the silicone sheet retain its adhesion properties much longer.
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for ScarAway for C-Section:
- “This is my c-section scar. And for about 10 months I had the worst pinching and tugging sensation, constantly itchy and inflamed pain. I did some research and came across ScarAway silicone strip to treat keloid scars and I gotta say, the results are amazing. I’m no longer in discomfort and the scaring has improved tremendously! I have 2 more weeks left, and while it’s not 100% gone, I wanted to share with fellow cesarean mommies (or anyone with scars) that are in the same kind of distress, there is relief in these strips! I’m highly considering doing another 2 month treatment.”
- “The first one I tried lost its “stickiness” after my first shower with it. I thought maybe I didn’t allow it to sit dry on its own long enough, so I tried another one and allowed it to be on dry skin for about 12 hours. I took a shower and noticed the corner coming undone. I thought maybe because I cut it. But now, it’s the second shower and it’s nearly completely off. I don’t know what it is that’s supposed to “fix” scars but it seems I’m just placing a sticky bandaid on it. It’s not working as expected/hoped.”
My Verdict: The ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets for C-Section are specially designed for new Moms with ultra-thin & breathable fabric and 100% silicone to help fade C-section scars. ❤️
5. Best for Tummy Tucks: Embrace Active Scar Defense for Tummy Tuck Scars (9 Count, 6.3″ length)
Embrace Scar Therapy is another well-known brand of silicone scar sheets.
The company was founded by a group of plastic surgeons at Stanford University and has made partnerships with celebrities like tennis legend Serena Williams to advertise their products. 🎾
According to Embrace Scar Therapy, the company’s silicone scar sheets incorporate:
- Tension Relief: “works by contracting and gently holding a closed incision together, actively relieving the skin’s natural tension to address the root cause of scarring…”
- Stress-Shield Technology: “this unique innovation protects your incision from added stresses caused by normal body movements, minimizing the widening and thickening of your scars.”
- 100% Medical Grade Silicone: silicone is “proven to help flatten, soften, and fade scars…”
However, if you check out any of Embrace’s silicone sheets on Amazon, you’ll notice that the reviews have been overwhelming negative with 57% of ratings in the 1-, 2-, or 3-star buckets. 🤔
After reading some of these reviews, it seems most people complained about the product not adhering to their skin, leaving behind blisters or causing skin irritation, and the high price.
The problem, though, is that the Tummy Tuck product is “lumped in” with other Embrace products like the Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large silicone sheets (many Amazon sellers do this to make it seem like they have a large number of reviews).
In other words, we don’t know the rating for the Tummy Tuck version on its own. There is one way that’s slightly complicated: go to “see all customer reviews”, “see all reviews from the United States”, then under the “Filter By” boxes, click on “All Formats”, and select “Show only reviews for ….”.
This will show you only the reviews from people who actually bought the Tummy Tuck kit.
Anyways, here’s the product specifications for Embrace Active Scar Defense for Tummy Tuck Scars:
- Sheet Size: 6.3″ in length (undisclosed width) designed for abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Treatment Period: each box includes 9 full-length silicone strips and applicators which the company states should last 30 days (you need 3 strips to cover the tummy tuck scar and each strip is expected to last ~10 days). The full treatment of 2 boxes includes 18 silicone strips.
- Price: the deal-breaker for most people here will be the high price of these silicone strips. The 30-day package (9 silicone strips) currently sells for almost $200 on Amazon! For this reason, you may want to consider cheaper alternatives like the ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long (1.5″ x 7.0″) which you can use in the same way (one box of 6 silicone strips lasts ~20 days)
Now, it’s really important that you follow the instructions carefully and apply the silicone sheet to a clean skin surface with no oils, creams, or ointments (watch the Embrace video here).
Finally, here’s two positive reviews and one negative review for Embrace Scar Therapy:
- “The trick to these things is knowing how to use them properly. It took me two whole sheets to figure it out. I used these for a long tummy tuck scar on my lower abdomen. At first I followed the directions and used an entire rectangle. The bandage did not stay on long and started peeling off around edges like other people said in their reviews. The first round lasted about 3 days. I thought, “Wow! That’s expensive and doesn’t last long but maybe if I alter how I’m using them and prep my skin more aggressively they’ll stay on longer.” So I did, and then they worked perfectly! I’m starting my 6th week of treatment and boy am I glad I stuck with it because my tt scar looks amazing! (Side note, I also used the little square embrace bandages for my new belly button which was starting to scar slightly around edges)”
- “Used the tummy tuck set ~ totally easy to use ~ shower proof & makes a huge difference in the scar. Lightened the actual scar & flattened out the incision very nicely.”
- “The Embrace strip never lasted more than 3 days before beginning to lift. The first set that I used failed miserably but I gave it a second try after the company offered me a replacement. They advised me to get a barrier film that was supposed to help but it actually made it worse. They just didn’t stick long and I even avoided lotion and oils during use. I will go back to Scar Away. I feel like I wasted my money.”
My Verdict: If you have tummy tuck scars or are planning to undergo a tummy tuck procedure, the Embrace Active Scar Defense for Tummy Tuck Scars can help minimize scar formation and reduce scar appearance after your surgery. The main sticking point is the price (pun intended!) and a more budget-friendly alternative is the ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long (1.5″ by 7.0″). 👏
6. Best for Long Scars (Incisions, Cuts, Hypertrophic): ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long (6 Count, 1.5″ x 7.0″)
Summary: ScarAway also has a longer silicone scar sheet that’s perfect for surgical incisions and linear hypertrophic scars. 🙏
Best For: Longer Scars, including Surgical Incisions, C-Section, Tummy Tuck, Cuts & Bruises, and Linear Hypertrophic Scars
Key Ingredients: 100% Silicone
Get It @ Walgreens, Amazon
Speaking of which, the ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long is an excellent and affordable alternative to the normal version (only 1.5″ by 3.0″) for longer scars (this one is 1.5″ by 7.0″).
This includes scars from surgical incisions (like C-section and tummy tuck), cuts and bruises, and linear hypertrophic scars (which may arise following surgery, injury, burn, or natural tension).
With regular use, silicone sheets may help flatten and reduce the size of hypertrophic scars, relieve common symptoms like itching and redness, and prevent post-op scars from forming. 🤗
As I mentioned in the previous section, you might want to consider ScarAway Long as a cheaper version of Embrace Active Scar Defense for Tummy Tuck Scars. You can buy 12 sheets of ScarAway for about $40 on Amazon and cover your entire tummy tuck scar with roughly 3 silicone sheets.
The most common complaint with this product is the adhesiveness, especially around the edges where some people noticed that it stopped sticking to their skin pretty quickly.
What I like to do is to rinse the silicone sheet after each use (wear about 12 hours and swap out) and use both thumbs to squeeze and stretch out the silicone side under the tap. This will make sure it’s clean of any debris and skin oils that have accumulated during the day and also restores moisture to the silicone sheet which helps it retain its adhesive properties. 👍
This will help you make the most out of each silicone sheet (and save money in the long run!).
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for ScarAway Long:
- “I have a big knee scar on my right leg from recent ACL reconstruction surgery. My physical therapist started to notice that my scar was keloiding so he recommended I buy silicone strips ASAP. I’ve only been using these for a few days and can already see that the scar is less puffy and it’s looking a healthier pink color, rather than dark purple. They claim to be sticky for up to 14 days. I don’t think that’s true, but these should at least last you around 5 days before you need to replace. If your scar is starting to keloid, you should definitely purchase these. Slap it on under jeans and you are good to go..”
- “These are not the same as the ones I was getting from Walgreens. Same brand, but much cheaper material. They peel and roll within a day or two. Won’t stick to the skin within a week and are coming off and bunching up in my clothes. I’ve been using the ScarAway silicone sheets from Walgreens for a month with great success. Wash well, stick well, and last almost 2 weeks before I needed to replace them. This one is junk. Waste of money. I’m annoyed that I have a whole box of them that I need to use up before I go buy them locally again. The only reason I’m still giving it a 2 star is that it is still a silicone sheet that is probably doing the same thing for my scar.”
My Verdict: If you have long scars from surgery, injury, burn, or natural tension (like chest keloids), ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Long are an excellent and affordable option for flattening them.
7. Best for Large Scars (Surgery, Injury, Car Accident): Mepiform with SafeTac Technology (5 Count, 4.0″ x 7.0″)
Summary: Mepiform by Mölnlycke is a medical silicone dressing used to cover larger scars.
Best For: Large Scars, including Knee Surgery, General Surgery, Major Wounds, and Car Accidents
Key Ingredients: 100% Silicone
Get It @ Amazon
Mepiform is a brand of medical grade silicone sheets by Mölnlycke (based in Sweden). This large silicone bandage measures 4.0″ by 7.0″ which makes it perfect for larger scars that would otherwise require multiple silicone sheets to cover (which is often less-than-ideal for wound healing).
A large silicone bandage is also less likely to fall off or stick onto clothing since it attaches to more surface area on your skin. You can also cut Mepiform into small sizes to fit your specific scar.
With continuous 24 hour coverage, this product helps minimize scar formation and improve the appearance of scars from knee surgery, general surgery, major wounds, and car accidents.
Overall, customer reviews of Mepiform have been very positive and it’s reasonably priced given the large size of each silicone bandage (each box contains 5 in total).
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for Mepiform:
- “This was recommended by a friend and also a couple of plastic surgeon friends I had a couple biopsies for skin cancer and I’ve been wearing this for about 4 months to reduce the color of the scar. I was told to wear it for 12 months, and this is definitely enough to last a year. I was shocked at how large and how many Mepiform sheets were in the container. They stay on for about 5-7 days (for reference I work out every day and get sweaty, and shower twice a day). It seems expensive, but if you have a small scar, it’s a great bang for your buck.”
- “The scar tape arrived with huge air bubbles which affect the stickiness and effectiveness of the scartape. For the parts which can stick well, the operation scars have been flattened and redness reduced over a 4 month period. However, works better on small thin scars. I have a long (5 inch) scar on my back which is still raised and dark color after the 4 months. Also, the scar is dry and needs moisturizing, else dead skin starts to form which reduces the effectiveness of the tape further. The air bubbles are really not acceptable! Makes the product less waterproof too. I bought from my surgeon which cost more but in perfect condition and those stick much better.”
My Verdict: If you have large scars from surgery, injury, or trauma, Mepiform is a great option that can cover your entire scar, promote normal wound healing, and improve scar appearance. 😊
8. Best for Breast Reduction (Anchor Pattern): Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (1 Pair, Beige Color)
For breast reduction or breast lift, also known as mastopexy, these “anchor” shaped silicone strips by Epi-Derm (a BioDermis brand) are designed to help improve post-op recovery and minimize scars.
These silicone strips are suitable for breast reductions or breast lifts using the Anchor Pattern where incisions are made to reduce breast fat and skin tissue. (source: VeryWellHealth)
This surgical operation results in “anchor” shaped scars which these silicone strips aim to address.
- “I bought these to place on my mastectomy/breast reconstruction scars. They are longer than I need them to be – you can easily trim them. I am seeing the redness and thickening diminish. They remain sticky after several weeks use. I have been washing them every other day with soap that is recommended on this site. I would recommend this product and plan on purchasing another pair once these wear out.”
- “Recommended by my plastic surgeon these seemed very expensive but these have worked great! I got compliments from my radiation nurses about how nicely I healed from my breast surgery! If you carefully wash them daily with mild soap they will last for months and will reduce scaring! They are easy to apply and maintain their “stick”. I’ve been wearing the same one for 3 months!”
My Verdict: The Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Strips are a fantastic product for improving your recovery process following breast reduction or breast lift surgery using the Anchor Pattern. ⚓
9. Best for Breast Reduction (Lollipop Pattern): Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (1 Pair, Beige Color)
For breast reduction or breast lifts using the Lollipop Pattern (a.k.a. Lejour Augmentation Technique), you’ll want to grab a pair of these silicone strips instead.
Similar to the “anchor” ones, these “lollipop” shaped silicone strips are designed to improve your post-op healing process and reduce scar appearance following breast reduction surgery.
- “I had a breast reduction 6 weeks ago. When the surgical tape was removed, I immediately began to use these on my scars. The strips are thick, sticky and wide. They support the new scars and continue to aid in healing. I was so impressed I ordered the matching lower “anchor” bandages to match the lollipops. This photo shows a less expensive smaller strip style under the breast. They are not as thick or sticky.”
- “Surgeon checked me out & knew right away I wasn’t using anything for my scars. I jumped on Amazon & bought the first thing I saw. I thought it was expensive at the time but now…. OH NO, THIS IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! Super happy I bought these. Been re using them everyday according to the instructions and its been great!”
My Verdict: The Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Strips are an amazing product to improve your post-op healing process following breast reduction or breast lift surgery using the Lollipop Pattern. 🍭
10. Best for Travel Usage & Sensitive Areas: Pro-Sil Silicone Scar Treatment Stick (1 Count, 17g)
Summary: Pro-Sil is a “chapstick” that’s suitable for scars near your eyes, fingers, and sensitive areas.
Best For: Travel & Sensitive Scars
Medical Grade Silicone
Get It @ Amazon
Last but not least, the Pro-Sil Silicone Scar Treatment Stick is a travel-friendly silicone “chapstick” that you can bring on flights and business trips or use on sensitive areas like near your eyes and fingers.
Unlike silicone sheets, which can only be used on relatively flat surfaces, Pro-Sil can be applied to scars on any part of your body, including facial scars (just make sure you apply to clean, dry skin).
Finally, here’s one positive review and one negative review for Pro-Sil:
- “Love this product. I had a tummy tuck in March and when I saw my dermatologist this week, she was shocked by how good my scar looked compared to how recently I had surgery. I use it on my large scar, my new belly button and on the small liposuction scars in various areas. It’s easy to apply, lasts a good amount of time and it WORKS!”
- “I have 2 major keloids, it is working for one but not the other, i ordered this product in the past and it worked well, but this time it just not making a dent in the other one at all.”
My Verdict: The Pro-Sil “chapstick” is a great option for both travel and sensitive scars. 👍