Today, I’m going to discuss the Sunday Riley C.E.O. Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Sunday Riley C.E.O. Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream!
Sunday Riley C.E.O. Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream
If you’re looking for a good vitamin C cream, the Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rich Hydration Cream is one of the most popular ones right now with 5% THD Ascorbate (a stable oil-based vitamin C derivative that we discussed earlier under Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum).
This low level of vitamin C is suitable for improving your skin’s overall radiance, but not for dark spots, age spots, sun damage, or melasma issues. Have a look at my earlier product recommendations if any of those are your primary skin concerns.
Sunday Riley also included:
- Exopolysaccharides from French Polynesia: to protect your skin from pollution damage
- Lime Pearl from Caviar Lime: a natural source of AHAs for exfoliation
- Bisabolol from Chamomile Flower: to soothe and calm sensitive skin
One drawback of this product is there’s many types of alcohol present, including Alcohol Denat., which is known to be drying and potentially damaging to your skin (source: Paula’s Choice).
The overall formulation is also a bit too complicated for my liking with a total of 48 ingredients (compare that with only 11 ingredients in SkinCeuticals Serum 10 AOX+).
Based on user feedback, the C.E.O. Rich Hydration Cream is perfect for those with dry to normal skin as it provides a ton of hydration for more supple and nourished-looking skin. Those with oily skin, however, said the product felt too greasy and sat on the surface rather than being absorbed.
Some other comments from users included:
- It helps reduce eczema and uneven skin tone
- It increases skin hydration in cold & dry climates like Colorado
- It has a mild scent (citrus) even though Sunday Riley says it’s “fragrance-free”
- One user said her skin looked “dewy, glowly, and feels incredible” afterwards
- Some reported skin reactions including breakouts and redness
- Many complained about the heavy texture and “greasiness” of this cream
My Verdict: If you want to add an ultra-hydrating vitamin C cream to your daily routine, or in combination with a vitamin C serum for double the goodness, the Sunday Riley C.E.O. Cream is a great option with 5% THD Ascorbate and a nourishing formula of fruit extracts & flower waxes.