We earn a small commission if you buy products with our links at no additional cost to you.
Today, I'm going to discuss my experience with the Planet Eden Glycolic Acid Peel Kit, including:
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
Planet Eden Glycolic Acid Peel Kit
For beginners to chemical peels, I highly recommend the Planet Eden 30% Glycolic Acid 4-Piece Set.
This starter kit includes:
- A 1.0 oz bottle of 30% glycolic acid (the perfect concentration for beginners)
- A 3.0 oz bottle of glycolic cleanser (which smells wonderful thanks to organic fruit extracts)
- A 1.0 oz tub of recovery cream (loaded with healthy oils & antioxidants to accelerate the healing process and smells like heavenly vanilla)
- A small fan brush with soft bristles (not the most useful, as I'll explain later)
Overall, this set provides you almost everything you need to get started. You'll still want to pick up a neutralizing solution (Planet Eden makes one as well) or mix your own with baking soda and water.
I bought this starter set recently and have been using it once a week for my acne scars, dark spots, and uneven skin tone. Here are my thoughts so far:
- After 8+ treatments, my skin looks noticeably smoother and feels much less congested, especially my forehead which used to have lots of tiny blemishes. My skin tone is also slightly brighter and some of the redness from 10+ years of acne has subsided (yay!).
- However, I haven't noticed any major improvements in my acne scars yet.
- The glycolic acid itself is very good. It causes a mild stinging sensation and I can really feel the peel working on my skin (visually, I imagine PacMan eating up my dead skin cells ????).
- I really love the pre-peel cleanser (it smells amazing and my skin feels smoother afterwards) and I use it everyday now in my skincare routine.
- The fan brush is not the greatest because the bristles stick together when applying the peel. You can still use it by pressing the bristles against a bowl to spread them out, but it's actually much easier to use gauze strips or your fingers instead.
- Finally, the recovery cream is also quite good. It has a long ingredient list full of organic oils, butters, and extracts like coconut oil, organic beeswax, and chamomile extract. You can also just use a regular moisturizer or recovery balm like La-Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5.
My Verdict: The Planet Eden 30% Glycolic Acid 4-Piece Set is the perfect way to get started with regular, affordable at-home chemical peels for smoother, brighter, and more even-looking skin.