Today, I’m going to discuss a secret for anti-aging: Jack Black Line Smoother Oil-Free Moisturizer.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Jack Black Line Smoother Oil-Free Moisturizer!
Jack Black Line Smoother Oil-Free Moisturizer
Men’s skincare brand Jack Black has created an 8% glycolic lotion called the Line Smoother that helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, dark circles, and puffiness.
It’s a great product for older men (and women, too) who are searching for ways to keep their skin looking younger, healthier, and more even toned (and at a great price!). 😎
Jack Black does not disclose the pH level of Line Smoother so I could not calculate a corresponding Free Acid Value. Just keep in mind that it’s going to be lower than 8% since some of the glycolic acid will dissociate into non-skin-penetrating Ionized Forms.
This glycolic lotion includes Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Aloe Leaf Juice for additional antioxidant and skin-soothing properties, as well as Lavender Extract for fragrance.
In addition, the full ingredient list is a little bit longer than average (31 in total).
In terms of customer reviews, the overall feedback has been very positive:
- “This is a superior product. I’ve used it a year now and my skin tone is the best I’ve ever seen. Looks far healthier. I’ve done a lot of reading about glycolic acid. The consensus is to use a 10% or less glycolic each night. This is better than getting a chemical peel or using a 30% product on occasion. I’m 59 and I’m telling you this is the way to go for anti-aging. I use nine JB products and if I had to give them all up but one I’d keep this one. Blown away what it’s done for my skin. Much healthier looking!”
- “I have not used a wrinkle reducing product before. Since I started using Jack Black Line Smoother I have been nothing but impressed. Not only has this product reduced the lines around my eyes, it has reduced the puffiness under my eyes. I am very happy with this product and would recommend it.”
- “Similar to other posts, my wife has seen some improvement in my forehead lines so I will continue usage. It does have a fairly strong, almost glue-like smell, but it does not linger. I use this with clean break moisturizer at night. I have tried usage after shaving and it does tingle a bit but it is not overbearing. I do recommend easing into the product before using 2x a day or after shaving. It did sting the first few tries.”
More negative reviews focused on either a lack of results or redness and stinging after shaving:
- “Does absorb quickly and moisturize, has a strange smell. Not really seeing any results.”
- “I was excited to use this, until my skin turned red and started burning.”
My Verdict: The Jack Black Line Smoother Oil-Free Moisturizer is a valuable tool in every man’s anti-aging arsenal. It’s also a great bargain for smart shoppers at $32 for 3.3 oz (only $10 an oz!!). 🤑