Today, I’m going to discuss the Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 20%.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 20%!
Glycolix Elite 20% Glycolic Acid Facial Cream
For a more affordable glycolic cream, I recommend the Glycolix Elite 20% Glycolic Acid Facial Cream which is frequently under $30 on Amazon (but watch out for unscrupulous third-party sellers as I’ve seen many reviews complain about “knock-off” versions) or about $45 on Dermstore.
By now, you should know that the percentage on the label does not reflect the true bioavailability of glycolic acid, due to its dissociation in water into an ionized form that cannot penetrate your skin (see my earlier explanation under SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight).
Since Glycolix Elite does not mention the term “free acid value” anywhere, we can assume this product contains an overall concentration of 20% glycolic acid. To calculate the free acid value equivalent, I again used LabMuffin’s calculator along with the pH of this product (4.0) to arrive at an 8% Free Acid Value (source: Topix Pharmaceuticals and LabMuffin Free Acid Value Calculator).
While lower than SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight (10%), it’s still a very high concentration of free acid that can provide “significant increase in cellular turnover” (i.e. exfoliation) in addition to increasing skin hydration and skin smoothness (source: Glytone).
At 8% free acid value, Glycolix Elite Facial Cream can help improve many skin conditions, including:
- Hyperpigmentation, Discoloration, and Uneven Tone
- Wrinkles, Fine Lines, Crow’s Feet, and Sun Spots
- Dark Spots, Acne Marks, and Old Scars
In addition, this product has a very simple ingredient list (which I absolutely love 🤗):
- Glycolic Acid (hydration, exfoliation)
- Vitamin A (antioxidant, exfoliation)
- Vitamin C (antioxidant, brightener)
- Vitamin E (antioxidant, hydration)
- CoQ10 (antioxidant, anti-aging)
- Green Tea Extract (antioxidant, soothing)
- Squalane (lipid, hydration)
Glycolix Elite also confirms this product is paraben-, gluten-, oil-, and fragrance-free.
Finally, here’s what some customers are saying about Glycolix Elite Facial Cream:
- “My skin is clearer, brighter and less oily… It also helps to keep the fine lines at bay.”
- “This is a great price for glycolic acid. And come to find out, my dermatologist’s office sells this exact one, so if they stand behind it, then I feel like it must be a good product.”
- “Upon my first application I felt my skin tingling and turn pinkish “good sign” but when I woke my skin was glowing!!! A little goes a long, long way and my pores have diminished, my skin looks polished and at “60” I go without make-up and my skin is beautiful.”
- “I have really liked this product. It seems to keep my skin acne free and clear of the little bumps that never seem to go away. It can dry out your skin so I sometimes have to skip a time of using it or sometimes I put moisturizer on over it.”
- “Fantastic product. Rich, creamy and full of wonderful skin enhancing ingredients. Left my skin looking moist and brighter. Does tingle a bit upon application, so work your way up to the 20%.”
On the other hand, the more negative reviews tended to focus on fraudulent products:
- “‘I’ve used this product and I love this product but my jar came broken, seal was tampered with and there’s dry residue on the edges of the jar. Seems like it had been previously used and returned.”
- “This product arrived in authentic packaging, however, it was not sealed and the product was NOT 20% glycolic moisturizer. I know what glycolic moisturizer feels like on my skin and I doubt there was any glycolic in the product I received. Returned immediately and will not reorder. I would give 0 stars if possible. Buyer Beware, FAKE!”
- “This product irritated my skin and made me break out after only 2 uses. My skin had a burning sensation and looked raw and red. Luckily Amazon let me return the product and I got my money back.”
My Verdict: If you’re looking for a budget-friendly glycolic cream, the Glycolix Elite Facial Cream features a powerful concentration of 20% glycolic acid (8% free acid value) and antioxidant complex to clear away sluggish dead skin cells for softer, smoother, and younger-looking skin. 😍