Today, I’m going to discuss the tropical-inspired Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum!
Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum
Grab your shades and flip-flops because the Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum will bring back good times at the beach with 22% Pineapple Extract (piña colada, anyone? 🍍🥥) and two types of Vitamin C (3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid and L-Ascorbic Acid).
This unique vitamin C serum looks, feels, and smells like a tropical cocktail… because it is one! The primary ingredient is pineapple juice which you’ll find listed at the very top of the ingredient list.
While we know pineapples contain high amounts of vitamin C (very important for good health), it’s unclear how effectively that vitamin C is actually absorbed by your skin.
Pineapples also contain bromelain enzymes, traditionally used for digestive disorders in Central and South America, that may help exfoliate your dead skin cells in a similar way to AHAs and BHAs.
The two forms of vitamin C include:
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid: a stable molecule formed by combining an ethyl group with L-AA and widely used in many products like OLEHENRIKSEN’s Banana Bright Vitamin C Serum
- L-Ascorbic Acid: the pure form of vitamin C that can be used directly by your body. It’s listed in the bottom third of the ingredient list so don’t expect too much in terms of concentration.
Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E round out the formula for additional hydration.
Moving on to the product texture & packaging, Pineapple-C Bright Serum is a much thicker serum (some would even say “gooey”) than most and housed inside an opaque, UV-coated glass bottle.
In terms of fragrance, Glow Recipe claims to use the minimum level of fragrance at less than 0.5% of the total formulation. However, judging by the user feedback, many people could not tolerate the smell (seems like it was too strong) while others said it was not a deal breaker.
A few more comments from users include:
- Many noticed smoother and brighter skin with fewer dark spots
- Some said it minimized their pores and reduced redness from acne scars
- Some mentioned this product was “too strong” for their sensitive skin and caused breakouts
- Others did not notice any improvements in skin tone or brightness
My Verdict: The Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum is a “beach-in-a-bottle” with a tropical mix of Pineapple Extract and two types of Vitamin C. Based on user feedback, this product was effective for some at reducing hyperpigmentation but needs a re-formulation with less scent & thickness.