Today, I’m going to discuss two popular products for fading post-op scars from breast surgery:
- Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (Anchor Pattern)
- Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (Lollipop Pattern)
Do these products live up to their claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Epi-Derm Silicone Scar Sheets!
Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (Anchor)
For breast reduction or breast lift, also known as mastopexy, these “anchor” shaped silicone strips by Epi-Derm are designed to help improve post-op recovery and minimize scars.
These silicone strips are suitable for breast reductions or breast lifts using the Anchor Pattern where incisions are made to reduce breast fat and skin tissue. (source: VeryWellHealth)
This surgical operation results in “anchor” shaped scars which these silicone strips aim to address.
- “I bought these to place on my mastectomy/breast reconstruction scars. They are longer than I need them to be – you can easily trim them. I am seeing the redness and thickening diminish. They remain sticky after several weeks use. I have been washing them every other day with soap that is recommended on this site. I would recommend this product and plan on purchasing another pair once these wear out.”
- “Recommended by my plastic surgeon these seemed very expensive but these have worked great! I got compliments from my radiation nurses about how nicely I healed from my breast surgery! If you carefully wash them daily with mild soap they will last for months and will reduce scaring! They are easy to apply and maintain their “stick”. I’ve been wearing the same one for 3 months!”
My Verdict: The Epi-Derm Mastopexy Silicone Strips are a fantastic product for improving your recovery process following breast reduction or breast lift surgery using the Anchor Pattern. ⚓
Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Scar Sheets (Lollipop)
For breast reduction or breast lifts using the Lollipop Pattern (a.k.a. Lejour Augmentation Technique), you’ll want to grab a pair of these silicone strips instead.
Similar to the “anchor” ones, these “lollipop” shaped silicone strips are designed to improve your post-op healing process and reduce scar appearance following breast reduction surgery.
- “I had a breast reduction 6 weeks ago. When the surgical tape was removed, I immediately began to use these on my scars. The strips are thick, sticky and wide. They support the new scars and continue to aid in healing. I was so impressed I ordered the matching lower “anchor” bandages to match the lollipops. This photo shows a less expensive smaller strip style under the breast. They are not as thick or sticky.”
- “Surgeon checked me out & knew right away I wasn’t using anything for my scars. I jumped on Amazon & bought the first thing I saw. I thought it was expensive at the time but now…. OH NO, THIS IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! Super happy I bought these. Been re using them everyday according to the instructions and its been great!”
My Verdict: The Epi-Derm Areopexy Silicone Strips are an amazing product to improve your post-op healing process following breast reduction or breast lift surgery using the Lollipop Pattern. 🍭