Today, I’m going to discuss the bestselling product Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules Radiance Renewal Serum.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules!
Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules Radiance Renewal Serum
Skincare enthusiasts should be no stranger to capsules (or ampoules in K-Beauty circles). Each individually sealed capsule keeps its contents protected from oxidation, such as air, light, or heat.
This is significant in the context of keeping a vitamin C serum “fresh” to maintain its potency.
Here, the Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules offer the dual benefits of encapsulated vitamin C along with hydrating ceramides:
- Vitamin C (THD Ascorbate): a vitamin C ester (oil) that is more stable than pure vitamin C. Elizabeth Arden claims it’s “178x more potent than traditional vitamin C”, but if you check the footnote, what they really mean is stability, not potency (the latter requires effective absorption into your skin and then further conversion into L-ascorbic acid).
- Ceramides: these are naturally occurring lipids (fats) in your skin barrier that help retain moisture and protect the skin. CeraVe, for example, is a brand that uses ceramides.
Overall, this product is a lightweight dry oil, as it’s mainly a vitamin C ester (oil) mixed with various ceramides (fats), along with additional boosters like Clary Sage, Vitamin E, and other Emollient Oils.
This makes it well-suited for those with dry & aging skin as the oil will help nourish your skin barrier while reducing dark spots and uneven tone. Those with normal to oily skin may find this product too heavy or greasy and should stick with a water-based serum like SkinCeuticals Serum 10 AOX+.
In terms of results, these capsules have gained a lot of positive feedback, including:
- “My face has never felt this glow before…”
- “Convenient easy to use and feels great on the skin…”
- “You get so much product in the capsules! So worth the money!”
- “I love these! I take them on the airplane for long flights when we travel…”
On the other hand, common complaints tended to focus on:
- The capsules were difficult to twist open (some had to use scissors)
- Some experienced skin reactions such as irritation
- Some did not notice significant results and expected more for the price
My Verdict: If you’re looking for a different way to experience vitamin C in your skincare routine, try adding a high potency capsule like the Elizabeth Arden Vitamin C Ceramide Capsules. This lightweight dry oil can help brighten uneven tone, reduce signs of aging, and boost hydration.