Today, I’m going to discuss the Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Night Cream.
Does this product live up to its claims? Let’s find out. ⭐
ⓘ In today’s post, I’ll share my 2¢ on Caudalie Glycolic Brightening Night Cream!
Caudalie Glycolic Brightening Night Cream
Glycolic acid is a powerful alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that helps remove your dead skin cells and promote faster cell turnover, allowing your skin to reveal its natural brightness and smoothness! (source: A Practical Approach to Chemical Peels, 2018)
The Caudalie Brightening Glycolic Night Cream features Glycolic Acid and Papaya Extract for gentle exfoliation and cell renewal, while Viniferine (a.k.a. ε-viniferin or grapevine sap extract) helps brighten your dark spots and correct uneven skin tone (source: Caudalie and Google Patents).
Viniferine (ε-viniferin) is a promising skincare ingredient discovered by Professor Joseph Vercauteren at the University of Montpellier in France. His extensive research into grape extracts and collaboration with Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas led to the creation of Caudalie in 1993. 🍇
Caudalie claims that ε-viniferin is 62 times more effective than traditional vitamin C for clearing up dark spots and for skin brightening purposes (source: Caudalie).
However, this claim requires further context and clarification. 🔬
A 2014 study led by Professor Vercauteren did indeed find that trans-ε-viniferin was 62x more effective than Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) at inhibiting melanin synthesis in mushroom tyrosinase (source: A Huge PVDF Adsorption Difference Between Resveratrol and ε-Viniferin Allows to Quantitatively Purify Them and to Assess Their Anti-Tyrosinase Property, 2014).
But this doesn’t mean that ε-viniferin is better or worse than conventional brightening ingredients because we simply don’t know how well it performs in real life (i.e. randomized clinical trials).
Nonetheless, it’s a very promising skincare ingredient that, judging by the positive reception of Caudalie products (many of which include Viniferine), is most likely an effective one, too! 🙂
The Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Night Cream can help you:
- Diminish the appearance of dark spots and blemishes
- Reduce uneven skin tone and increase overall radiance
- Smooth out skin texture and decrease pore sizes
- Hydrate and nourish the skin for a healthy-looking complexion
In terms of clinical results, Caudalie cites the following from a 56-day study with 21 volunteers:
- 100% visible results after the first night (this isn’t much of a statement, just a marketing line; one night is obviously not enough and you have to measure “how much” of a result)
- 90% found their dark spots were corrected (in other words, 19 out of 21 women were “satisfied” with their results. This does not mean their dark spots magically vanished though!)
- “I am a licensed esthetician. I was introduced to this product at the salon I am currently working at. I’m absolutely amazed by the results from this night cream. My skin hasn’t been this bright and glowing in years. My skin is very sensitive but you would never know…”
- “I am amazed by the fact how glowing my skin has been looking since I started using this night cream! It has a nice rich texture and a light scent to it. It never made my skin break out or anything but makes skin feel hydrated. I feel my pigmentation has gone down…”
My Verdict: The Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Night Cream is an excellent addition to a family of grape-inspired products, featuring Glycolic Acid, Viniferine, and Papaya Extract, that helps diminish your dark spots, correct uneven skin tone, and promote a healthier glow. 🍇